A Note From The Founder
I have assembled and trained a team of very hard-working, ethical, down-to-earth, and fun straight-shooters who share my client-focused philosophy. We are all in this business for the long term, and fully understand that our success is built upon trust, happy clients and repeat business. As such, our number one focus is educating and advocating for our clients so they can make solid real estate decisions. Our goal is to go above and beyond in every phase of the home buying process so that our clients can clearly understand what value we provide. That means doing things that aren’t expected of us, like talking our buyers *out of* buying properties! I consider it a compliment when our clients tell us that we have completely shattered their previously held opinions of what a real estate agent was all about. Providing services that you didn’t even know you needed? That’s what Team Howe is all about!
How We Work
Each client of Team Howe will be partnered with two team members that will work closely with them throughout their home purchase or sale. If a client is buying and selling, the same two agents will partner with them on both transactions. Having two points of contact means that we can be more responsive and maintain continuity if one of the team members is out of the office for any reason.
- Sherri’s clients and referrals work with Sherri and one other agent, who is assigned at the beginning of the client relationship. This assignment is based on our current client roster, so that we can be sure all of our agents have ample bandwidth to give our new client excellent service. We will not take on more clients than we can properly handle.
- Clients and referrals of other Team Howe members will work with that agent plus Sherri. This ensures that all clients can work with their preferred agent while benefitting from Sherri’s extensive San Francisco real estate experience.
All Team Howe agents are committed to their clients from the very first meeting until the close of escrow and beyond. There will never be a hand-off to an assistant or another agent on our team, as we feel that relationships are stronger when we personally see our clients through their entire transaction. There is just no substitute for the in-depth knowledge that we gain about our clients’ situation, personality and needs, during this process! Because of this, every team member is extremely well versed in all phases of home buying and selling, and we do not separate our agents into buyer or seller specialists. We feel that there is a significant benefit to understanding both sides of the transaction, so that we can educate our clients on what is likely happening on the other side of the deal.
All team members are trained to work with the same high standards, attention to detail, and systems so that the client experience is the same regardless of the agents you work with.
Where We Work
Team Howe only works in areas where we can be confident that our experience and knowledge will be a significant asset to our clients. When faced with the decision of earning a commission or making sure that our clients are well represented, the choice is always going to be good representation. Our clients and our reputation are entirely too important to us to try to fake it. We are happy to help clients look in San Francisco while they are simultaneously searching with another agent across the bay, in Marin, or on the Peninsula. Our focus is making sure the client gets into the right home, not who earns the commission.
If you’re looking outside of our territory, we have partner agents and teams in other Bay Area locations who we can trust to take care of our clients with the same level of care as Team Howe. Looking outside of the Bay Area? We would be happy to reach out to our network to find you a great agent anywhere in the U.S.
Property Types: Single family homes, condos, TICs, Lofts, Coops, and 2-4 unit buildings
Transaction Types: Residential purchases and sales only (no leasing)
Price Points: The majority of our business falls in the $1m-$10m range.
Our Commitment to You
- Act in the best interest of our clients at all times. Period, no exceptions. It’s not about us. It’s about you.
- Maintain our clients’ privacy. Your personal information is safe with us.
- Work with transparency, so our clients understand what is happening, and why, throughout the whole process.
- Listen carefully. It’s our job to understand your personal real estate goals, and to make them a reality. We a lot of questions, because we don’t want to assume that we know what is important to you.
- To leave no loose ends. If we cannot explain something to you, our researching and investigating work isn’t done. When we are short on time, we don’t cut corners, we just work harder. We are really good at investigating and uncovering answers. In fact, Sherri particularly enjoys these challenges.
- Do the right thing when no one is watching. We could get away with doing a lot less work for our clients, and many wouldn’t even notice. But that just isn’t the way we operate. It’s important to us to take care of things that our clients do not even realize are issues.
- Cover all of the bases. You will never hear us say “that’s not our job”. We go above and beyond to understand and advise you in many different areas of real estate. However, we do have the good sense to know when it’s time to call in another professional, like an attorney, CPA or structural engineer.
- Represent you and only you. We do not double-end our transactions. We strongly prefer working with the seller or the buyer in any given transaction, but not both. It’s important to us that neither our clients nor our colleagues ever call question our motives or ethics.
- Remain flexible and curious: While we have a lot of experience (and a good strong memory to retain information), we understand that we haven’t seen it all. That’s why we dedicate ourselves to continuing education and keeping on top of new laws, trends, and local happenings.
- Commit to working with us. We encourage potential clients to interview other Realtors because it’s very important to find the right fit. If you do decide to work with us, we agree to commit to you 100%, and ask that you do the same.
- Communicate clearly and often. We appreciate timely and honest feedback. Whether it’s about the properties you are touring or the services we are providing, we like to know what you are thinking. That’s how we get to know you better, and fine tune our approach. You don’t have to worry about offending us.
- Understand that a Realtor’s daily life is driven by triage. We never take on more clients than we can successfully handle, but we do work with multiple buyers and sellers. On any given day our priorities will change, often multiple times a day! New offer dates are set, pre-emptive offers are received, appraisals are scheduled, a faucet springs a leak… we never know what is going to happen when we wake up in the morning. In order to make sure that everyone’s needs are met, we must focus on the most time-sensitive issues first.
- Respect our time, but don’t feel guilty about using it. We never want our clients to feel guilty about the amount of time that we spend working on something that doesn’t end up working out. For example, we are happy to diligently analyze the comps and disclosures for a property, and then have our buyer clients decide they do not want to write an offer on the home. The goal of our analysis is to make sure it’s the RIGHT property for our client, so we do not consider that wasted time.
- Trust our experience. We do everything we can to get our buyers into a home with the least amount of money, and to help our sellers make the most profit possible on their homes, all while minimizing risk and stress. During the process, we offer a lot of advice on strategies and pricing that are based on our extensive experience in the San Francisco real estate market. Sometimes this may not feel intuitive to our clients, and a leap of faith will be necessary. Please know that we are always looking out for your best interests.